Submitting new package instructions

Developer
Oct 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

We should have instructions for people wanting to add new packages and where do the packages go (i.e. how do you see them) after you've submitted them.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Indeed, we should.  A number of people have figured it out and forked this project and submitted pull requests, but it's been a bit ad hoc.  I've had to decline a few that weren't following the right versioned folder convention, etc...  BTW, I changed all the package sources to correctly be in their versioned folder.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Looks like we do have basic instructions as part of the faq, but they need to be expanded some and better advertised.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Agreed, we should also add a faq on the other site, if it does not already address getting packages into the feed.

On Oct 9, 2010 7:08 PM, "davidebb" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebb
>
> Indeed, we should. A number of people have figured it out and forked this project and submitted pull requests, but it's been a bit ad hoc. I've had to decline a few that weren't following the right versioned folder convention, etc... BTW, I changed all the package sources to correctly be in their versioned folder.
>
>
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I made a small change to the doc page to say that the faq has the instructions, and I added one line to the instruction:

"Look at some existing package and follow the same pattern. You may want to start by just copying an existing folder and then changing things as appropriate."

Limited time, small steps :)