This project is read-only.

Conventions for package folder name

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I am submitting a package that has a project name of "X", however "X" is not a descriptive enough name and would not likely be found by those looking for it, so in the nuspec file I use an ID value of "X Full Project Name" to give it a more descriptive name.

Does the ID value in the nuspec file need to match the folder name? Is there any correlation between the two or does it matter if they do not match?

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Also, along those same lines, is an ID value with spaces not ok? If I make the page name/id the more readable one and make the folder name match. I've noticed all other packages seem to follow the line of nuspec.id == folderName (and none currently have spaces in them)

I can see benefit in having the two match. Makes sense to keep things where the folder name matches the package ID. Maybe a descriptive name element in the nuspec is in order?

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM

The folder name is pretty meaningless, and is only used to keep things organised in the repo.

I think we should keep the ID spaces free, even though I don't think this is enforced today.

We do have a new field for the friendly name, but it's not yet in the build (I forget what it's called).