Dependecy resolution with the RC console,

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM

After updating my console to the RC.  My existing packages fail to resolve dependencies.  The dependecies are there and worked with the ctp 2. 

PM> Install-Package dell-uiframework-sample

Install-Package : Unable to resolve dependency 'dell-uiframework-configuration'

At line:1 char:16

+ Install-Package <<<< dell-uiframework-sample

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGet.VisualStudio.Cmdlets.InstallPackageCmdlet

Here are the packages available

PM> get-package -remote

Id Version Description

-- ------- -----------

AppFabric 1.0.0 This is the RTW of Application Fabric.

AppFabric 2.0.1384.0 This is the RTW of Application Fabric.

dell-appframework 1.0.1592.62 the Apps starts here

dell-caching-llapi 1.0.37.0 Dell.Caching.LLAPI.NuGet

dell-cms 1.0.0.2

dell-cms 1.0.10.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.11.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.12.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.13.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.14.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.4.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.5.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.6.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.7.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.8.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-cms 1.0.9.0 Dell's CMS Contracts. Do not use directly, only use thru the ...

dell-require-admin 1.0.0.0 This package will require that Visual Studio runs as an admini...

dell-require-mvc3 1.0.0.0 This package will require target project references MVC3

dell-uiframework 1.0.1592.62 the user interface starts here

dell-uiframework-configuration 1.0.1621.0 Add web.config changes for the UI Framework.

dell-uiframework-sample 1.0.1621.0 Creates a sample app out of an Empty MVC3 template.

EntLib-Common 5.0.414.0

EntLib-Logging 5.0.414.0

microsoft-identity-framework 3.5 3.5 version

Microsoft-mvc3-rc 3.0.0.0 The MVC 3 bits for bin deployment

NuGet.Project 1.0.0.0 Project Extension for creating a NuGet Package

unity 2.0.414.1 a Dependency Injection framework.

unity 2.0.414 a Dependency Injection framework.

velocity 0.0.0.4 This is the CTP4 of Velocity

Here is the spec file:

<

package

>

<

metadata

>

<

id>dell-uiframework-sample</id

>

<

projectUrl>http://intranet.dell.com/marketing/global_online/appuiframework/Wiki%20Pages/default.aspx</projectUrl

>

<

version>1.0.1486.67</version

>

<

authors>UIAppFramework Team</authors

>

<

description>Creates a sample app out of an Empty MVC3 template.</description

>

<

language>en-US</language

>

<

dependencies

>

<

dependency id="dell-require-mvc3"

/>

<

dependency id="dell-uiframework-configuration"

/>

</

dependencies

>

</

metadata

>

</

package

>

'dell-require-mvc3' not installed. Attempting to retrieve dependency from source...

Done

Successfully installed 'dell-require-mvc3 1.0.0.0'

Successfully installed 'dell-uiframework-sample 1.0.1621.0'

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 11:03 PM

When you say 'existing packages', are you referring to packages already installed in a project/solution?  Or packages that you built before, but trying to install them in a new project/solution?

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 11:51 PM

So these are packages built with post ctp2 nuget.exe, installing into a brand new project/solution.

sent from my mobile

On Dec 10, 2010 6:03 PM, "davidebbo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebbo
>
> When you say 'existing packages', are you referring to packages already installed in a project/solution? Or packages that you built before, but trying to install them in a new project/solution?
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Could you email us a minimal set of packages that repros the issue?  I'm not sure what's going on from what you pasted above, and we may need to debug.

thanks,
David 

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I will rebuild with the rc nuget and if its still failing I will send the files over.

sent from my mobile

On Dec 10, 2010 7:01 PM, "davidebbo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davidebbo
>
> Could you email us a minimal set of packages that repros the issue? I'm not sure what's going on from what you pasted above, and we may need to debug.thanks,
> David
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 1:34 AM

ok.. I found the problem.. I pulled the packages apart and rebuilt them with the nuget.exe RC. I have a depedency chain of 5 packages deep. I found two of the lowest level packages had empty description nodes in their spec files.  Once I rebuilt them the console app displayed the required properties error.  I rebuilt them all and everthing is working.  I did not try rebuilding them with the previous version of nuget.exe with the CTP 2 console.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Great, glad it wasn't a serious issue!